Tuesday 10 May 2011

Made in Chelsea: It ain't no TOWIE!

Ollie Locke from E4's Made in Chelsea

Whoever thought featuring a load of posh totty on a TV programme, billed as the anti-TOWIE, clearly doesn't have a clue.

By the third ad break I was looking desperately for something else to watch- Made in Chelsea was just blah. Literally, all fur coats and no, er substance!

The characters were all thoroughly un-likeable and although Ollie does have an uncanny knack of behaving like a posh Joey Essex, even that couldn’t save the first episode.

It could get better, but would you actually care? I will compare it to TOWIE because even E4 were shameless in the fact that they were copying this formula.

You care about Arg breaking Lydia ’s heart, you totally want Lauren to bin Mark and you absolutely think ‘Reem’ should be put in the Oxford Dictionary.

Who can honestly remember anyone’s name or storyline last night from Chelsea? My only LOL moment came when Ollie tried to deflect a relationship question by saying he loved his date’s eyebrows.

I can’t believe any of the girls are willing to be seen with men who have better hair than they do! Seriously, they were rocking some seriously long, conditioned barnets- maybe that is indeed the way in Chelsea .

As for the self absorbed twit who said Topshop was unacceptable, as was any form of high-street clothing… prepare to be loathed from here on out.

Grr! I was so unbelievably frustrated and offended by last night’s episode and yet I'm pretty certain that was not the reaction E4 were hoping for.

I think they thought the tongue-in-cheek formula of Essex would work and yet you just ended up not giving a toss about any of them, while feeling intensely jealous of their lifestyle.

Will I watch next week? Well, we’ll see if I calm down between now and then me thinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment