Thursday 9 September 2010

This is England '86: Fashion Verdict

Lol in This is England '86 Copyright Channel 4

I didn’t like This is England. Sure I thought the fashion and the nitty gritty setting was fab, but the violent plot line- not so much.

Yes, I’m a total wuss when it comes to things like that, although I just bought Kick Ass, so maybe I’m getting better at accepting violence in films…

Anyway, when I heard about a follow up TV series to England , I was sceptical, but my fashion instinct got the better of me and I recorded it.

Yes recorded it- I wasn’t going to watch it live for goodness sake, ‘Don’t tell the Bride’ was on at the same time!

So what was my verdict this time around? Well, I'm loving the costumes; mod rocker fashion at its best in my view. My favourite is Lol, her boy meets girl look is bang on trend this season.

Played by the gorgeous Vicky McClure, she easily resembles Agyness Deyn today with her cropped peroxide cut and waifish frame.

Although I admire Kelly and Smell's style,I can't say it's a look I'll be trying anytime soon! Coloured quiffs, lots of piercings and Docs look amazing on the right people, but on me? Well, I'd look like I'd just escaped the funny farm.

For the period though, I absolutely love it. Who knows, I may well have been converted and watch it live next week!

Check out the official Channel4 trailer below and let me know what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment