Tuesday 8 November 2011

I hate the new M&S Christmas advert...

It seems I'm on a X Factor trashing mission at the moment, which honestly I'm not, but I really have to say how much I dislike the show taking over the best thing about Christmas.

Yes, M&S in their wisdom have ditched the big name celebs, catchy dance tunes and gorgeous clothes for the X factor finalists all in black singing a pretty soppy tune.

I am gutted. Seriously gutted that this is the route M&S have gone down this year- it just doesn't say Christmas to me, nor does it say M&S quality.

Previous years have seen Antonio Banderas, Wallis & Gromit, Dame Shirley Bassey, David Beckham and Peter Kay all make appearances in the amazing adverts, which for many, as the executive director of marketing at Marks and Spencer rightly pointed out, 'mark the start of Christmas'.

Last year's M&S offerings was one of my favourite to date, as we had Danni Minogue and Lisa Snowdon singing into their hairbrushes, while Peter Kay danced, quite literally on ice.

After main competitor, John Lewis had a sneaky success with Ellie Goulding last year, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they pull out of the bag for this seasonal offering.

Chances are, it can't be any worse than this. Oh well, at least I have the Coca Cola advert to cheer me up...

Here are my top 5 M&S Christmas adverts... (Copyright all M&S)

5. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without...

<


4. Ice Party

<


3. Christmas Belles

<


2. Take That

<


1. You Should be Dancing!

<

No comments:

Post a Comment