Sunday 4 September 2011

X Factor: My verdict so far...

The new generation of X Factor

I've been pretty quiet on the X Factor judging panel since it began again three weeks ago, but now it's time to deliver up a verdict on the new series.

Well pretty amazing actually would be how I'd describe it. I loved the new judging panel from the start, as did most people, but as the weeks go on they get better and better.

Gary Barlow... phwoar! and I bet I'm not the first lady to say that given how fit he is looking on the panel each week.

Tulisa....very sweet and a style icon in the making. She may have a tough girl image, but she is really holding her own so far on the panel and is coming across very well indeed. Cheryl who?

Kelly Rowland... I'm not a big fan of OTT American sass, but Kelly is pretty fab and is absolutely stunning to boot. Gal knows her stuff and has a nice friendship with Tulisa, which is a refreshing change this year don't you think?!

Louis Walsh... Ahh Louis, he seems much happier this year now he's not being bullied by the other panelists. Good chemistry with Tulisa as well, this could be the year Walsh triumphs again!

The contestants I have to admit have been less than great. Plenty of crazy people, sob stories and borderline great talents, but no-one who has really struck me as hot favourite to win.

To be fair, last night's Jade Richards has come the closest for me- she was lovely and her gran moved everyone to tears.

A talent, yes she is, but at the moment she doesn't have that Leona Lewis knockout voice, which you need these days to make it worldwide.

Hopefully she will get the best coaching to bring her out of herself, but equally I hope she doesn't go through an X Factor OTT makeover, which strips her of any personality.

There have already been reports that she has been asked to ditch the 'goth look' and take on someone else's persona instead.

Fingers crossed that she tells them where to go, because the last thing we need is another manufactured pop princess with no personality.

Rant over... can't wait for next week and the double bill. The countdown to Christmas has officially begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment