Monday 23 May 2011

TOWIE Triumphs at BAFTAs!!

The Only Way is Essex... Well Reem!

Let's be honest, TOWIE is trash TV. The best kind of trash TV, I might add, and that is in part what has made it such a great programme.

So, I am thrilled that it won at the BAFTAs last night- the category voted for by viewers of course, because it wouldn't have stood a chance otherwise.

The BAFTAs are like the Oscars you see, so by right of passage awards go to the gritty TV shows and beautifully crafted period dramas by the bucket load.

And while we may watch them, nothing is quite so thrilling as an episode of TOWIE! I just hope this doesn't change them, because the beauty of the show is that they are just normal people.

Well, about as normal as you can get for Essex...! I loved Sam and Lydia's dresses last night, but Amy and Lauren rather let the side down I'm afraid.

Amy's attempt at being Belle from Beauty and the Beast left her looking a bit like a burnt piece of tinfoil, while Lauren's dress was just a bit too jazzy for my liking.

Sam underplayed it in white Diane von Furstenberg, while Lydia looked the most elegant in a metallic floor-length number.

Well done girlies... now onto the next series. I have an Essex shaped hole in my life!

1 comment:

  1. This crappy show winning a BAFTA proves that we're dumbing down. After watching one episode, it felt like I was losing my brain cells.

    ReplyDelete