Sunday 15 January 2012

Is Fat Fighters the weirdest show on TV?

So, I'm trying to get fit and healthy this year with the aid of a new diet, a rigirous excersie routine and with the help of a new Channel 4 show called Fat Fighters to aid me in my quest to be a slim Jim.

In the past two weeks I'd say the diet and excerise is coming together well, but the Fat Fighters show, eh, not so much.

I've just caught up on the past two shows now and to say I'm baffled by it is an understatement- there is a gym somewhere that employs 4 key trainers who dress, well putting it midly, a bit provactively shall we say and treat their clients a bit like Ms Whiplash treats her paying guests.

The overall effect of the show was a bit weird- like a cheap version of gladiators almost.

Samantha Bond narrating also threw me- her voice with this show just does not add up and you found yourself wondering whether you were in some strange parrellel universie.

Will I watch next week? Well, I fear just like The Biggest Loser before it, it may well become a cult hit, to those who enjoy the weird and the wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment