Sunday 16 October 2011

X Factor Verdict: Week 2

Kitty as Alice in Wonderland

I never thought I would say this, but Kitty has grown on me and I am now a fan. Yes I know, she's irritating, can come across as a bit self absorbed, but I loved her performance on last night's show.

The Alice in Wonderland theme was fabulous and even managed to upstage fellow diva, Misha B with her wonder brand.

Whether she will still be in it tonight remains to be seen, but there is no doubt she has the talent.

Louis's other acts could be in trouble as well, with Sami belting out a Whitney tune which was good but as Gary pointed out, too much like a Cruise ship performance.

And then there's Johnny. Oh my god, Johnny. What has Louis done to you?! I know he likes to camp it up, but he is becoming a circus act and needs to really focus on the vocal if he is here next week.

No doubt he entertains and is the only person to make Gary laugh, but the whole Aladdin look really wasn't working for me this week.

Someone who did totally pull it out of the bag style and vocal wise was Rythmix. Damn those gals can sing, and as Tulisa pointed out- they represent normal young women who aren't stick thin robots!

I said last week that girls won't feel threatened by them and that's exactly what came through last night- they are cool, won't steal your boyfriend and have bags of talent.

The Risk were also amazing- vocally sound and they look soooo hot together! Wish the same could be said for Nu Vibe, which Louis pointed out last night sounded more like no vibe.

They just weren't any better from last week in my view, and it's the same with Sophie, although she has the talent there is just no chemistry, or as Gary put it, 'spark' there which will get people voting.

Frankie, Craig and Marcus were all average this week, after having a belting time last week and I think Gary is to blame for that- the song choices just weren't good enough this week.

Janet was amazing once again, although I'd like to see her personality some out a bit more; she's a bit too timid for me. That said she will sail through to next week.

What do you think? Who will go tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment