Monday 31 October 2011

Strictly vs X Factor

Little Mix on the X Factor

X Factor has gone right off my Saturday night agenda in recent weeks and that's a real shame, because as you may have gathered from my blogs, I'm a tiny bit addicted.

What's to blame? well, the media insist that it's the lack of Simon Cowell and the poor choice or acts, but actually I think it may just be the format itself.

Every year for the past four years, X Factor has trounced Strictly in the ratings, only this year, for whatever reason, the tables have turned and the BBC1 show popular with grannies is now compulsive viewing.

No judging shake ups, no crazy contestants and yet people are defecting from ITV in their droves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still favouring X Factor over Strictly at the moment, but at some point Frankie may just make me crack and turn over to avoid his smugness.

Gary is just as bad though; he absolutely pawns over Frankie in a way that makes him so utterly uncool, it's hard to imagine him as the sexy pin up he once was earlier this summer.

Then there's Tulisa, who is still my fave but is losing her edge in my view, while Louis just gets more and more over animated with every passing week.

Kelly's credibility is sinking fast also, especially this week when she was too ill to make an appearance on the show, but was able via skype to boot one of her acts off! Ouch.

I did feel for Sophie, but as I said in week one, she is too dull to hold people's attention. This is a tough business- just look at Matt Cardle, everyone loved him last year and now, well he's struggling to shake off the winner's tag and make the sales at the same time.

My fave acts at the moment are Little Mix, Craig and Janet, with Misha B and Kitty coming close behind purely for the entertainment factor.

I don't know what's in store for the X Factor over the coming weeks, but I highly doubt they will be able to get it back to its peak this series. Roll on next year, I say...

No comments:

Post a Comment