Sunday 3 October 2010

The X Factor: Live finalists revealed!

Cher and Rebecca are through to the live shows! Copyright ITV

Cher through, Gamu out and crazy Katie in the final three for Cheryl?! Say what?!

Ok, so a website may have already leaked the finalists, but I was still pretty shocked with the results of tonight's show.

Enough rambling though, lets get down to business and see who has made it through to the live finals next week...

Girls: Mentored By Cheryl Cole
Katie Waissel: The girl messed up big style and I totally agree with Cheryl- people may find her annoying; I know I do. Right from the ridiculous eyelashes to the crazy umbrella, she's not done it for me from the start. A brave choice to put through and personally I think Cheryl should have gone with the lovely Gamu.

Cher Lloyd: It's a shame with Cher, because I loved her in the first audition and then bootcamp fell a bit flat for me. I think her nerves got the better of her in front of Cheryl- she didn't even finish the song and burst into tears for heaven's sake! A risk, but I think she'll be a hit.

Rebecca Ferguson: A true star. She can sing and has the wardrobe of an Hollywood screen siren. A sure fire hit with the public, I think she will go all the way.

Groups: Mentored by Simon Cowell
Bel Amie: I loved these girls. Considering they had only been put together in a week, everything was perfect. Great vocals, likeable personalities and a great sense of fashion make them my early faves in this competition.

One Direction: 'Far too young' would have been a better name for these boys, and personally I think we've seen it all before. Yawn.

FYD: Quirky, cool and I'm a big fan of these boys. I think Simon will make them a stand out on the live shows, but they have some tough competition.

Over 28s: Mentored by Louis Walsh
Mary Byrne: From the promo shots I saw tonight, Mary cleans up well! A sleek haircut and clever wardrobe have made this sweetheart into a star. Sing your heart out Mary and you may well go far!

Storm Lee: Yes! I'm made up Louis put this fine fellow through- he needed a break and it seems like he's finally got it. Original and cool, I think he'll divide opinion and I'm loving his whole 'look' and attitude.

John Adeleye: He's not made an impression on me yet, but he seems a nice enough guy. Good trilby collection at least, but he'll need to stand out a hell of a lot more on the live shows.

Boys: Mentored by Dannii Minogue
Aiden Grimshaw: No surprises here ladies, the heart throb with the unusual voice has made it through. He's eye candy, but to be fair he's got the goods to back it up- if he gets the teen girl vote, he'll be a finalist.

Matt Cardle: He's actually the favourite in this competition at the moment, but I'm just not excited about this guy. I'll wait till he gets his super swish makeover before I make judgment on whether he really does have The X Factor.

Nicolo Festa: A grower me thinks. He's arrogant, a diva and bloomin' good fun by all accounts. There's something very upfront about him which I like and he's got good vocals to back it up. I'm a fan, but I don't know if he'll be everyone's cup of tea.

So what do you think? Do you agree with the final 12?

No comments:

Post a Comment