Monday 27 September 2010

The X Factor: Bootcamp Review

Has Rebecca Ferguson got The X Factor?! Copyright ITV

Wow Bootcamp was intense wasn't it?! I'm loving The X Factor at the moment with all the drama and the return of Brian Friedman to our screens!

Despite looking beyond weird in a ill-fitting combat jumpsuit with a massive hood, he was fun to watch, much like Louis who was on fine form in tight jeans, complete with retro quiff for all of Bootcamp.

Nah, I can't really be mean about Louis- I do feel for him getting the Over 28's this year. Give the poor guy a break- he always gets the Jedward's and never the Leona's!

The Cheryl and Dannii groups were a joke as well, both have had them before- why not shake it up and give Chezza the groups and Dannii the girls?

Anyway, enough about the judges let's move onto my stand out contestants who have made it through to the final 32.

Girls
Rebecca Ferguson- Aww I love Rebecca, this gal is bringing glamour back to The X Factor with her false eyelashes and elegant dresses. An amazing voice and personality to go with it- she's one of my favourites in this show.

Katie Waissel- I'm not sure about Katie, I think she may be a grower. She looks like she's trying too hard at times and her sense of style is a bit all over the place. There's quirky love and then there's looking like you've escaped from the funny farm. My money is on her making it through to the live shows though...

Cher Lloyd- Not her best performance on the night in my eyes but her swagga style continues to win me over. Military jackets, cargo pants, wedge boots and beehived hair make her stand out from the crowd- a shoo in for the live shows.

Gamu Nhengu- My absolute favourite. Her rendition of Make You Feel My Love was stunning- it reduced poor Louis to tears! She's so cute with her style choices and I love her signature flower in the hair. If she doesn't make it through, I will stage a protest!

Check out Gamu's official Bootcamp audition below



Groups
Husstle- I totally feel like I've gone back in time to the Hear'say Popstars days when I look at these girls, but there's also something a bit current about them too- say a British version of the Pussycat Dolls? They're one of the best groups in the comp though, so they get a big thumbs up.

Princes & Rogues- Erm, I dunno what to say really. Geek chic has been done boys, but who knows they may just surprise me.

Over 28's
Storm Lee- What a Legend is all I can say- his Bootcamp audition was amazing. I remember thinking he was average in the auditions, but liked him as a person; how wrong I was. He's unique, quirky and I'm loving the trilby collection he keeps wheeling out at each stage of the comp. Brilliant.

Check out Storm's official Bootcamp audition below



Mary Byrne- I like this lady a lot, she's got a cracking voice and a bubbly personality to match. Fashion wise? Nope, she aint going to set the world alight, but I think she has a chance of making it to the live shows.

Stephen Hunter- I just want to give this man a hug, he's a little sweetie but can you see him winning this comp? Nope... me neither.

Boys
Paije Richardson- What a travesty that this fine young fellow nearly didn't make it past the audition stage! His amazing hat complete with feather should be reason enough to put him through.

Aiden Grimshaw- He makes very strange faces when he sings, but undoubtedly the guy has stage presence. I'm not keen on his geeky glasses though, someone should have informed him that they only look good on Topman models. And even then...

So what do you think? Do let me know your thoughts and if you want more gossip check out X Factor's official page here

1 comment:

  1. Where's the rest of them?! I think you're right about the girls being strongest though!

    ReplyDelete