Sunday 22 September 2013

Trend Alert: Highland Fling

I love Tartan. There we go I said it. A few seasons ago I had a plaid pair of tights I wore to death with over the knee boots and a long black jumper; it saw me through winter pretty much, so I’m uber excited that plaid is back.

It’s not exactly plaid as you know it either, we’ve seen candy coloured plaid on the high street (I recently swiped Topshop’s purple woollen number) and camouflage plaid on the catwalk. This is all in addition to the gorgeous red and green hues currently flooding the stores.

Personally I think a skirt is the ultimate way to work this look. Versatile and a staple for the season, it’s a safer and cheaper way to invest. That beautiful plaid coat may be a stunner now, but will it stand the test of time? Knowing my misfortune at ‘must-have’ season items probably not.

That said here’s my round up of best tartan buys this week…

1. T-Shirt, £17.99, New Look Simple, cute and cost effective, this is the perfect piece in which to dip your toe into the tartan trend.

2. Skirt, £36, Topshop I bought this a few weeks ago on a whim when it was still baking hot and everyone thought I was barmy buying a WOOLEN skirt. Still, I've had the last laugh now.. Brr!

3. Dress, £28, F&F at Tesco A gorgeous tartan dress from Tesco you say? Well, yeah! This little beauty with its leather collar detailing is sure to be a sell out. Get in there quick!

4. Trousers, £50, Topshop I'll admit you have to be pretty brave to attempt top to toe tartan, but these gorgeous trousers on their own would serve your work and off duty wardrobe well this season.






No comments:

Post a Comment