Sunday 15 September 2013

Mulberry's SS14 Dream


New York is over, London is midway through and soon we will be onto Milan and Paris... where does fashion month go?

I'll be honest, I've only skimmed the shows so far and been shameful in my trend analysis, but I did find the time to stream the Mulberry SS14 show live this afternoon.

My verdict? Wow. Just wow. And well, funny. Really quite amusing having a bulldog sashay down the runway with a model in tow.

The highlight for me had to be when the model responsible for said bulldog had trouble holding onto her companion as it decided to wander off course.

Looking rightly alarmed, her concentration broke for just a second as she contemplated the fact she may be upstaged by a dog on the runway. LOL

Trust Mulberry to make a dog a highlight rather than a distraction. Bravo!

Queen Cara opened and closed the show, smirking at the camera as she walked. I've got to say, she's a stunner alright but already looks bored with how easy success has come to her. Surely in fashion terms, it's time to move onto the next big thing?

Other than that niggling doubt, the show itself was a triumph of sumptuous silks, a palette of duck egg blue, poppy, pure white and orange ruled supreme, whilst texture played a big role all of its own in the SS14 preview.

Whether this is to be current Creative Director, Emma Hill's last collection remains to be seen, but I certainly thought her humble bow at the end looked like a thank you and farewell, as opposed to a “Thanks, I know amazing right?! Wait until you see my AW14 collection!”

No comments:

Post a Comment