Tuesday 3 May 2011

Gossip Girl Review: I'm Team Blouis from now on!

Gossip Girl: Team Blouis!

OMG... I know Gossip Girl are famous for these moments, but really last night's episode was jaw-droppingly good.

Serena fulfilled her destiny of becoming a back stabbing biatch, Nate finally turned his back on a booze addled Chuck and oh, Chuck- this is where it all fell down spectacularly.

I'm not really sure where I stand on this character anymore, but what I do know is that I don't want to see him with Blair for a very long time, and dare I say it, maybe never again.

Embarrassing her in public, attacking her like a man possessed and then claiming her like a possession had me covering my eyes and shaking my head. (Yes, I know I'm dramatic!)

Is anyone still Team Chair?

So yes, I am now on Team Blouis! That's Blair and Louis to you non GG followers. He's the prince who has slowly won me over in the past two episodes and had me cheering when he went down on one knee.

After the writers have pretty much abandoned Dair, this is my new ship, which will undoubtedly fall apart in the last few episodes, as so many ill conceived finales do.

Leave Blair and Louis together and Chair fans will be up in arms (although I bet some have been swayed by Chuck's behaviour last night) or give Dair a chance to see if Dan and Blair could ever make the Princess and the Pauper story work.

With Jack Bass returning next week and threatening to topple Chuck over the edge (I have seen him being dragged off in a restraining jacket, no less) I think we are building to an uber dramatic climax.

On a quick side note- I am loving Charlie now it has been revealed she isn't quite so cutsie and innocent as first made out. After sending Vanessa on her way, I'm thinking Dan may be in serious trouble if she carries on her bunny boiling antics!

And could Blair's royal dresses get any more beautiful? That sequined Jenny Packham was just breathtaking... just think what her wedding dress would be like if storyline's followed through and she did indeed marry the prince?!

Check out next week's promo here...

2 comments:

  1. i dont think she will be with the prince ... and by any chance who was those two people kissing i couldnt see the face was that blair and chuck ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's a screenshot of Blair and Louis x

    ReplyDelete